Service Area Overview
Permit and inspection departments or professionals are responsible for performing building plan and site inspections, issuing building permits, and may provide business licensing services. Building permits are required for all new construction, major additions, and some renovations for historic landmarks or conservation districts.
- Development inspections: Number of Commercial/industrial
- Development inspections: Number of Residential
- Development permits: Average calendar days from application to issuance: Commercial
- Development permits: Average calendar days from application to issuance: Residential
- Development: Average calendar days from request to inspection: Commercial
- Development: Average calendar days from request to inspection: Residential
- Demographics: Population, geographic land area, and socioeconomic conditions may affect permit processes.
- Community Characteristics: Some jurisdictions utilize master planning, planned area developments, or other special zoning districts which incorporate additional requirements, such as harmonious design, which require approval for the issuance of building permits.
- Citizen Priorities: The types of zoning districts and permit processes utilized by a jurisdiction may be affected by citizen and local stakeholder priorities within the community.