Service Area Overview
Fire and Emergency Medical Services (EMS) are components of public safety departments, which serves to protect the lives of individuals and the integrity of property within a jurisdiction. Fire services respond to calls for service in cases of household, commercial, and industrial fires and safety hazards. EMS provides ambulatory services, medical stabilization, and paramedical attention for individuals experiencing life-threatening medical emergencies.
- EMS: Total BLS and ALS Responses
- Expenditure: Total fire/EMS personnel and operations
- Residential 1-2 Family Structures: Percentage Confined to Object or Room of Origin
- Fire Incidents: Residential: Total 1-2 family, multi-family, and other
- Hours paid, Sworn fire/EMS, including OT
- % of cardiac patients w/pulsatile rhythms upon delivery to a hospital
- Survey: Fire Service Quality, Among all respondents: % Excellent or Good
- Emergency fire travel time: % 4 Min or under: From turnout to arrival on scene
- Emergency fire response time: % with a total time of 6 minutes, 20 seconds and under from call entry to arrival on scene
- Residential population: Fire suppression
- Residential population of area served: EMS
- Demographics: Jurisdictional land area and levels of urban density may affect calls for service and response times. Aging infrastructure and little/no space between structures increase the risk of a fire spreading to adjacent structures. Communities with higher densities and less land area may have decreased travel times for fire and emergency vehicles.
- Automatic/Mutual Aid Agreements: Some jurisdictions are not able to provide the fastest response times for priority one calls at or near jurisdictional boundaries. In order to provide the highest levels of public safety, these jurisdictions enter into automatic aid or mutual aid agreements, which state that the nearest fire station will respond to calls for service, regardless of jurisdictional boundaries.
- Special Services: Response times may be affected by the availability of special services, such as Hazardous Materials.