Service Area Overview
Code Enforcement departments or professionals implement a jurisdiction's adopted ordinances, codes, and statutes pertaining to the equal observance and compliance of all residents in upholding standards of public health, safety, comfort, and enjoyment of public, shared, and neighborhood spaces.
- Code Enforcement cases resolved through forced compliance
- Average calendar days, Inspection to forced compliance
- Average calendar days, Inspection to voluntary compliance
- Percentage of cases resolved through forced compliance
- Total code cases available for resolution during the reporting period
- Demographics: Issues of code enforcement may result from matters affecting quality of life within a neighborhood, corridor, or community. The way a jurisdiction defines quality of life reflects citizen priorities, which may correlate with certain issues inherent to large or small populations, certain age demographics, and socioeconomic conditions.
- Codes and Statutes: Jurisdictional ordinances are adopted by locally elected bodies. In some cases, state and federal laws may also apply or affect jurisdictional code enforcement.v