Business Development Representative
Envisio is one of Western Canada’s fastest growing software companies. We’re passionate about building deep, personalized relationships with our customers to help them build safe and thriving communities. Envisio’s award-winning software aligns staff with departmental action plans and key performance measures, enabling customers to establish trust with their stakeholders.
We are a small (and growing), fun and high performing team with offices in downtown Vancouver and Richmond, British Columbia.
About the Role
Envisio is looking for a bright, creative and professional Business Development Representative to join our team and help build our pipeline. Reporting to the VP Marketing, you will be responsible for booking qualified meetings for the sales team through targeted, outbound email campaigns and inbound lead development.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build your career in software sales or marketing in a fast-growing Vancouver technology business.
You’ll need to be a self-starter with a passion for driving results but you won’t be working alone. You’ll be supported by a close-knit, highly collaborative sales and marketing team that wants you to be successful.
In addition to a competitive compensation package and employee stock options, you’ll be based in our awesome downtown office. It’s a great location that comes equipped with a variety of semi-healthy snacks and most importantly, a great team!
What You'll Be Doing
In this role, we'll need you to:
- Reach out to prospective customers in the government and education sectors to introduce Envisio and book discovery meetings for our sales team
- Follow up on inbound leads in order to qualify and develop leads into meetings
- Respond to enquiries on our web chat
- Work with the rest of the marketing team to develop and test new messaging ideas for outbound campaigns and inbound lead development
- When needed, proactively find new contacts (via websites, Linkedin and other tools) to add to our CRM system for outbound campaigns
- Maintain our CRM records
You MUST have:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for speaking to new people
- An organized and methodical approach
- A professional, empathetic attitude
- Tenacity, adaptability and a willingness to learn
- At least 1 year's experience in B2B tech sales or other outbound sales & marketing experience
BONUS points for:
- Experience using Salesforce and/or HubSpot
- A passion for local government and helping cities build safe and thriving communities
- Knowledge of the strategic planning, performance measurement or analytics market
We’ve got great software, happy customers and a passionate team. We’re leaders in our market and share a strong sense of purpose as we help our customers build safe, thriving and well-educated communities. Join us!
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.